Sunday, December 22, 2013

We Light the Candle of Love

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 
1 John 3:1

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

What signs of God's love do you see today?  What signs of God's love will you show?

Two thoughts occur to me.  Thoughts as simple as the straw in a manger.  

Thought One:  Phillip, my spouse, rises each morning descends the stairs before me and has ready when I come, a glass of water and a cup of coffee.  A simple gift, given day after day, for almost 25 years.  This is steadfast, long lasting, patient love.  It is a sign.

Thought Two: Me. When I am angry with my children, I sometimes yell at them.  I often send them away to their rooms.  I rarely call them to me and hold them.  But this is what God did for us when we were going the wrong way.  God came to be with us.  Such great and patient love!

Prayer:

Gracious God,
Let your patient, steadfast, simple love be born in us this day.  
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment